At St Ann's we have a strong commitment to parental involvement and offer many opportunities for parents to be part of school life:
- Parents are invited each week to attend our 'Special Mention' assemblies. Personal invitations are sent out to parents whose children have been chosen for a special mention and those who are receiving an award as part of our reward system.
- Parents are welcomed into school on a daily basis to Breakfast Club and to support children with morning tasks. Class teachers will happily share children's successes and discuss any worries as they arise. They are always welcome to discuss any concerns about their children.
- Parent Council meets termly to; discuss learning in school, consult on new initiatives and talk about any issues raised by parents on a more general basis.
- Parents meetings are held three times a year where parents can have an in depth discussion about their children's progress and attainment. Strategies about how to support children at home are also discussed at this meeting.
- At the end of each term each year group holds an exhibition of learning to showcase their learning throughout their project. Parents are invited to attend and children take time to share their learning and celebrate their achievements.
- Fundraising events are held regularly including Children in Need, Sport Relief, Macmillan Coffee Morning, & Red Nose Day for external charities and two school fayres raise funds for school. Parents take part in all these days.
- Parents also invited to take part in adult classes eg an exercise class, an enterprise group ICT classes.
Parental engagement in family learning has a large and positive impact on children’s learning, giving children greater confidence and self-belief, securing better outcomes for both children and their parents. Research shows that children stand a much better chance of succeeding in life if their parents are engaged in learning.
At St Ann's each year group offers a family learning opportunity within each of their projects. The slideshows below are examples of recent family learning events that have taken place.